Vinyl Fence vs Wood Fence
Jun 11, 2019 by Katelynn German
VINYL FENCE VS. WOOD FENCE
Wood FenceThe state of Louisiana is no stranger to high temperatures, humidity, hurricanes, fungus, and pests. If maintained properly, the life expectancy of wood fence is approximately 5 – 12 years.
- Wood fence requires constant upkeep. Upkeep includes but is not limited to.
- Continual Power Washing
- Application of Chemical Sealant (Protector)
- Examination for Termite Damage
- Examination for Dry Rot
- Replacement of Split / Warped Boards
- Replacement of fencing system within 10 – 25 years
Vinyl FenceThe life expectancy of Country Estate® vinyl fencing is over 50 years. Country Estate® products are projected to outlast the life of wooden fence and PVC imitators.
Little to no maintenance needed. May need occasional wash with bleach & water solution.
BE CHOOSY! It's important to utilize products from a VMA Certified Manufacturer. For a manufacturer to receive certification, materials must surpass third-party testing and inspection. Materials not certified by the VMA may result in the following:
- Accelerated-Color Fading
- Poor Overall Performance